EN_US
<< November 2018 >>

 
 
 
1
2
3
4

5
6
7
8
9
11

12
13
14
15
16
17
18

19
20
21
22
23
24
25

26
27
28
29
30
 
 


10/11/18 ( 00:59:16 ) - ActionScript 2.0 #coding

Hey there ^^

This week I tried something new... actually old... I tried opening up and actually fixing up the original flash project to maybe get something that works for the time being, as I found out that there is a relatively easy support for a standalone flash player executable for Windows and Mac - however the latest Adobe Animate version only supports ActionScript 3.0 and many things have changed, it is crazy.

After spending two days of fixing compiler issues - those that I could solve - I hit a wall where it suddenly just points me to references that are unknown even though I clearly see them as defined, and public, and in packages, and what else AS3 throws at me. I think I can safely say I would have to recreate this project from the ground up, in flash, too, and I just do not know enough about AS3 and my flash is approximately 15 years too rusty :D

As most sources on the internet have been telling everyone to "recreate it from scratch" - I really do not see this project - heavily relying on many internal Adobe Flash based specifics - really working on any Flash based third party system. I will probably never give it up entirely until the game is done, but for the time being I have not found a working solution. I rather invested the trial period of Adobe Animate to look for code that I missed, and thankfully I think I found all the scripts hidden in the depths of the animations themselves which I previously not did see.

The progress indicator page has been updated to reflect this, my overall progress dropped now, which does not even actually accurately show the work ahead of me, but it is something rather than nothing.

What I can do in the final remaining 2-3 days, depending on Adobe counts this, is try to get some animation parts out of the system so I do not have to recreate these things or leave them out, in the first version. It should be relatively easy to expand the animations from the current 20 or 30 FPS - I should know this :P - to maybe 160 FPS and then let the engine handle / skip it at its own will. Having more data for smoother animations will not cause much of an issue as the general data is pretty easy to handle and not remotely comparable with the complex polygon things floating around normally in this engine. We are talking flat 2D surfaces ;)

We will get this done. I will. :)

So long, stay awesome :)